Pages

You Should Never Be Alone

S
Being alone is fine, but feeling alone is definitely not.  I'm not afraid of being alone, but I can't stand the feeling of loneliness and isolation.  I'm not sure if it's the depression, the long hours or the fact that I don't see people as often as I used to.

The thing that is conflicting me at the moment is that I greatly enjoy my job even though it is stressful and causes my legs to ache badly.  I have fun most of the time at my job.  I'm not sure if it's because I get to help people in a way or that it's because I'm part of a team and people depend on me.

Physically, I'm not taking care of myself.  Due to my hours, I eat at odd hours and eat a lot of crap.  Hell, I barely have time to cook good things for myself.  I would kill to be able to make a baked potato because it's healthier than the M&Ms that were my dinner. 

I spend too much time alone and that is something that should never happen.  I feel like I'm not worthy because everyone else has someone and that takes work.  Any relationship needs to be cultivated.  People seem to forget that.  Being in a pharmacy, I think that is part of the reason why anti-depressants are so rampant.  We all spend a lot of time isolated and alone.  We need other people to laugh with, to hug, and to feel with.  I don't think we do that enough.

We should never be alone.


S
 

Most Reading