Pages

Exhaustion

S
This is going to be a short one, but today was a triumphant day.  I cleaned out my closet with the help of my best friend.  Yes, it was extremely stuffy, but it is done!  It only took us an hour to go through the mess that is my closet.

I got rid of shoes, clothes and purses, but I refused to part with my British Flag.  It represents home, the place I belong and I will never be able to part with it.  This process was exhausting physically and emotionally.

There were things in the closet that I've had since high school, so they are at least 10 years old.  I don't know why I was holding onto these things.  Maybe I was afraid of letting go.  Maybe I wasn't ready or maybe I just wanted to feel the things when I had them. 

I am just drained.  I feel empty and my body is aching.  My room is still not done.  I still have a lot of work to do, but the mess is the outward expression of my psyche.  I am a mess and my living space is showing it.  Right now I'm too exhausted to fight and stay tidy.

The best part is that I have friends that are willing to help me fix my mess and therefore fix my life.
S
 

Most Reading