Pages

The Right Thing

S
Doing what is right usually isn't easy or without cost.  It takes a great amount of bravery in the face of adversity and fear.  It also takes great personal risk to stand up to tyranny, which is why most people just follow along instead of standing up for themselves.  I stood up for myself.  I did what I thought was right.

I didn't file the complaint as a personal vendetta or to win him back.  I did it so I could move on.  I didn't come to this decision rashly.  I came to it calmly and wrote down all the facts that I could remember.  I am not doing this just for me.  I am doing it for those that have more to lose as I have nothing to lose.  I can fight for those that can't.

I had a friend who risked his career to bend a rule because what the consequence (telling my parents) was would be far more harmful than helpful.  I always admired his courage and his loyalty to me.  It was the most amazing thing that anyone had ever done for me.

Whatever happens now, happens.  I stood up for me.  I did what was right on behalf of myself and others.  That is something that I am proud of.  Be brave!
S
 

Most Reading