Pages

Pain

S
The hardest thing about winter is the physical pain that occurs with snow.  Shoveling snow with this crazy snow has caused lower back pain, blisters and exhaustion.  My back is the main problem at the moment.  I haven't been able to exercise, which is only adding to my lethargy.

Emotionally, I am better.  My depression and anxiety are at minimal levels.  I have been thinking of asking if I can get off the anti-depressant soon.  I'm going to book my appointment on Monday for that.  I'm working on trying to take better care of myself health wise.  It's so easy to get derailed by just being lazy.  I have to cut myself off of soda too since that is causing me to not lose weight.

I have also decided to test out a gluten free or reduced diet since I do have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis it is usually recommended.  I will miss bread though.  However oatmeal bread is amazing.  That might be one of the reasons why I was so much better in the UK, I would make my own oatmeal bread and I would walk everywhere.  It's difficult to walk where I live because there are no sidewalks and people drive like maniacs.  Yay living in the country.

I have so much that I want to do.  I want to be a functional person again.  I'm always going to be weird, different, etc, but I don't want to be sick anymore.  I don't want my illness to run my life.  I know that I have to be vigilant and challenge the thinking.  I also have to take care of myself physically. 

I'm trying to get back on track again after being derailed by my own self sabotage of laziness and thyroid issues.  It takes a while and I'm glad for the support that I have gotten from my friends and family.  Now all I need is for it to be 70 degrees out.  May is one of my favorite months.  I may go down to Baltimore to visit since I haven't been there in ages. 

Everyday that I can cope is a good day.  Bad days happen to everyone.  I just have to make sure that a bad day doesn't sidetrack me completely.  I know that my back pain will get fixed soon.  I just have to muddle through a few more days. 


S
 

Most Reading