Pages

Job Searching

S
Looking for a job is a full time job in itself.  I have gotten 1 offer, which I turned down because it was mostly on commission and cold calling businesses.  I am self motivated, but I don't think I would be able to handle so much rejection. I also didn't apply to that job.  I have only had one interview and a lot of rejection e-mails.

I know that I have to keep trying, but I get a lot of anxiety because I had to appeal my unemployment decision.  It was denied because my employer claimed it was willful misconduct.  I was never aware of the misconduct so it could not have been willful.  There was no malice of forethought in my actions.  It was a extremely stressful and hostile environment to work in.  It's only $300 a week.  It would cost them more for the lawyer, which they probably have on a retainer. 

I am working on getting the EEOC complaint out.  My mother has filed a complaint with the banking commission.  They are not a good company for their employees or their customers.  It takes a lot out of me to write the complaint because it's a lot of pain, discrimination and rawness associated with it.  I know that they can't hurt me anymore.  I am in a protected class because of my disability.  I am hoping to get it done and sent off by July 20th.

I'm not giving up.  There will be a job that fits that I can then work on becoming a lawyer with either night school or part time education.  I know that I may be overqualified for a lot of the jobs that I am applying for, but I do need something in the meantime.

I'm going to keep trying.  That's all I can do.
S
 

Most Reading