Pages

Birthday Weekend

S
I had a great birthday weekend.  Saturday, I had visitors and gifts, while Sunday was another day of gifts, visitors and good food.  I think I accomplished something today that is something that most people dread:  I ate alone at a restaurant.  It was fine.

On my birthday, I worked a 12 hour shift, but Kyle wished me a happy birthday, which means he reads his texts.  He rarely answers them.  I then took a lovely bath to soothe my aching muscles and went to to bed.  Saturday was going to be a big day for me.

Saturday was the day of my big bash.  This was the first one without my parents being around to help out.  It was kind of hectic.  I got up to go to the store to get the potatoes for the latkes. Those are potato pancakes for the non Jews.  I did a quick run to UK Gourmet to get some food for my Christmas eve dinner.  That will be sausage rolls and chocolate. Yummy.

I, then ran home to start cleaning up for my guests.  A friend that could not attend came for a visit.  She is going to school and still works at the bank part time.  Apparently one of my accusers is getting a divorce.  Maybe she is getting what she deserves.  Also the roof of the building caved in.  Karma, that's all I have to say.  My friend also told me that Rose, my beautiful Rose, is miserable.  That place is a vortex of misery.  He deserves so much better.

The party was a great success, I think.  I didn't really do well with the latkes, but it was the first time I made them.  I got drunk, which was not my intention at all.  I just got caught up in the moment I suppose.  I think it was just nice for me to be around my friends.  I received several gift cards and a few daleks.  A few Doctor Who Accessories too.

Sunday was my birthday dinner.  I went to the Putnam House in Bethel.  It has yummy food.  I had a glass of chardonnay and coke to drink.  I had crab dip with toast points for an appetizer.  It was made for 2 people, so I had half and then had the rest for dinner the next day.  I then had what I wanted the most, salmon.  I had salmon lucey, which is salmon topped with asparagus, crab,and artichokes.  It had a side of mashed potatoes and vegetables.  I ate it all.  I was too full for dessert, so I didn't have any.  I ate dinner alone, but that gave me time to savor the food.

I had a great birthday weekend for being 540 or 29.  I'm glad that I got to spend it with people that I cared about.  Oh and my dad sang happy birthday to me through whatsapp.




S
 

Most Reading