Pages

A Philosophy

S
Today is the anniversary of the tragedy at Newtown.  I live about 20 minutes away from Newtown, while I was personally not shocked by the events of that day, I was deeply saddened.  I ended up spending most of that day comforting others especially a friend with two young children, who just couldn't stop crying.  I was not shocked because I had a feeling that something terrible would happen, but was not quite sure what it was.

In the wake of the tragedy a lot of positive things happened, one of them was the 26 acts of kindness.  I know a lot of people who have done good things for people in memory/honor of the 26 victims.  While I applaud this effort, I do not participate in it. 

I believe that we should heal the world and perform kind acts every day because it's part of the goodness of humanity to help others.  I'm going to my good things next month because I don't do New Year's resolutions  I wanted to start doing kind things in order to add to another's pile of good things.  It's partially a tie in to my non profit and something that I'm doing for me.

We should be adding to people's lives not solely in honor of someone who is no longer here, but to improve the lives of the people who are still here.  There is so much bad in the world that those that can do good, should do goo.=d.
S
 

Most Reading