Pages

Kindness

S
After all that I've been through, I'm still amazed at the kindness that so many people possess. 
There is a difference between being nice and being kind.  Being kind comes from a place of compassion, which while all humans have that capacity, very few tap into it.  I also think kindness comes from caring.

Again connection is the only thing that makes life worth living.  From connection with another person comes caring, compassion and kindness.  Those four things can make someone content.  The fact that we as humans, in western society especially, spend a lot of time in isolation, only communicating via text is damaging a lot.  Mental illness is rampant, depression is the worst one and part of it is due to the lack of social interaction.

Even a simple smile is a substantial act of kindness.  Even if it is a complete stranger, a smile goes a long way.  Though, I do not smile often, I believe that I can be kind.  I like making people smile with little gifts.  I'm a giver in that way and that's how I display my kindness.

I think we can do better.  I know that I can.  I'm still striving to be the good person that I was before Doomsday.  He taught me kindness and I miss him, but I will continue to be kind to all without him.

S
 

Most Reading