Pages

Moving In Day 5 & 6

S
So, I finally have internet and cable in my new place.  Yay!  It's going to take a few weeks to figure out where everything is going to go.  Let's start by the official move of yesterday.

I got up early and had official movers come in and move the furniture.  I don't have a great amount furniture, but some of them were heavy and my apartment is on the second floor.  I had a couch, a bed, 2 TVs an stands, a dresser and a few tables.  We used Vanguard Logistics from Bethel.  They were very professional and very quick.  They came at 8, were done taking things from the house to the apartment and were done by noon.  I think they found a personal item in my former bedroom, which they put in a drawer.  They didn't say anything and I'm sure they've seen worse.  They were very professional and I highly recommend them to anyone that is moving.

The rest of the day was spent moving some things that were not included in the manifest for the movers.  I also started setting up my new place so that I could shower and sleep.  Sleeping in the new place is kind of odd.  I did wake up in the middle of the night because it was a new place and had trouble falling asleep since there was someone snoring very loudly in a different apartment.

Today, I got up and started to dig through boxes to figure out where my stuff was.  My friend Casey came in at 9:30 and we started sorting through things.  We went through my clothes that were in 4 big suitcases.  I have waaayyy too many clothes.  My dresser is basically completely full.   We moved my jewelery case from one room to the other.  We also started going through boxes, which led to use setting up part of my DVD collection.  We then went to famous pizza for lunch.  AT&T came to set up my internet and cable.  Casey then left for work.

My friend Jana came over about 30 minutes later and we went through the mountain of boxes in my living room.  A lot of them were books or things for my bedroom, so they just went into my room to be sorted at a later date.  I also found 4 teapots of different sizes and colors.  I don't think I will get rid of the teapots, but some of the other things, definitely.  I got rid of some clothes already and a few things in the kitchen. 

The only thing I'm freaking out about is there is a small white box that has my extra meds in it that I can't find. My extra anti-depressants are in there.  I should be ok but I need to find it soon.  I know that I shouldn't suddenly stop a medication like that.  I won't get the pills till Tuesday, which will be expensive.  I may not need the anti-depressants for much longer, but this isn't a great way to go off them.  I will be looking tomorrow very hard. 

Tomorrow is going back to the house and cleaning it.  I also have to go on a trip to Target.  I need a lamp for my bedroom because it is dark in that room.  I'm having fun figuring out my new place and the town I live in.
S
 

Most Reading