Pages

Year End Review

S
I write because I have no one else to talk to.  I have been thinking about all the crazy things that had happened this year.  From everyone that I have spoken to, 2013 was a terrible year.  However, I had achieved something that I believe was completely impossible.   Maybe that feeling was impossible, but I'm still here and I have work to do.

After the incident, I had fell apart.  I let the depression that was already brewing take hold.  It was a good 4 months to think clear enough again to be able to fight what happened.  I don't remember the entire month of March, which is probably a good thing.  I finally gathered up the courage by June to say enough and filed a formal complaint because of what happened.  It would out in the end for me because the instigator was forced to leave, HR is now afraid of me because they know I will use my voice and somethings are healing.

I got up off the floor and started moving forward.  I came up with a wellness plan, which I try my best to keep to.  It doesn't always happen, but it's a guide in trying to get to a good place.  Due to my thyroid acting up in November, a lot of it got put on hold.  I'm working back up to exercising everyday, which will help me read at least 3 books a month.  I always tend to to slack off when it comes to cooking once a week. 

The one thing that happened was that I got him back.  He left in June and I got him back in September.  I would never underestimate a well written letter and the fact that caring never changed.  Maybe it hurt too much or maybe I needed to be independent for once, but he still believed in me.  I am starting a nonprofit in order to help other people with mental illnesses deal with their jobs and employers to help their employees.  Communication and education are the keys to this new enterprise.  I couldn't have done most of it without him.

I went through hell this year, but I am starting to heal.  I hope 2014 will be a fantastic year full of progress.  February will have a new long term goals list.  The best part is that out of the 17 items, I completed at least 10.  Maybe I'll get at least 2 more done.  The rest of them will carry over.  I am looking forward to what I can accomplish in 2014.  There are a lot of things that can be done and I have the time.


S
 

Most Reading