Pages

The Gala

S
Saturday was a fantastic day. It was busy at work, but I had a benefit gala that night, which is something that I've been looking forward to for a few months.  I like getting dressed up, having a fancy dinner, dancing and auctions.  The best part was that it goes to a good cause.  Benefit galas don't happen often, but they are definitely fun when they happen.

There was some definite drama before hand because when I was getting ready, the dress that I was going to wear broke.  The strap broke and since it was a rhinestone strap, I couldn't just sew it together. So sad about my miracle black dress.  Luckily there was a dress in my closet that my mother bought in the 70's, which she never wore.  It was a little tight  and I'm overweight, but it was a quick fix.  I slightly overdid my make-up, but I liked my dress, which is white with a hand painted iris.  It is a Greek Goddess design.  The problem with my weight was that it snuck up on me.  I didn't notice until I went to the doctor.  Working on getting down, so I don't need to buy a new wardrobe.

I had fun when I got there.  Mostly because my mom gave me Bailey's to calm my nerves.  I wore a pair of silver stilettos, which were killing me by the end of cocktail hour.  The silent auction was open during the hour and I bid on a few things, but had a limit of $60.00.  I ended up getting a reed diffuser, which was gorgeous and will be going into my new apartment. 

Dinner was provided by Two Steps, which was delicious.  I loved the salmon and the salad.  The cut of beef was superb.  I also had a few glasses of wine.  Totally went off my diet, but that's ok.  For a gala it's ok because they do not happen often.  

I danced a bit, which was fun and exercise.  I am self conscious about my body since the gain.  I don't have a flat stomach and I have huge thighs.  I like my boobs because of my lingerie obsession.  I am going slowly with exercise because everytime I speed it up, my thyroid has issues.  The thing that made me a little sad was dancing with my dad.  It will be a long time before I dance with my dad again.  I must admit that I will miss him. 

I had a great time over the weekend with the gala.  It's the best I've felt in a very long time.  I know that I can get better, but not sure if I will be able to get off the anti-depressant anytime soon.  We'll see how things will go.

S
 

Most Reading